[Rhodes22-list] Sassamansville to Honey Harbour Repositioning

KillarneyLake killarneylake at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 22:09:04 EDT 2020

The journey is complete. One bearing is failing and was making a racket but
did not disintegrate before reaching Honey Harbour.

The mast top windex was mounted and I was filled with uncertainty about
whether or not to remove it but I decided to leave it in place. It seems to
have made the journey without detachment or damage.

A 2 inch drop hitch was not quite enough and a 3 1/4 was too much so I stuck
with the 2 inch.

Fuel economy in the rented Chevrolet Silverado was atrocious but the recent
Coronavirus pandemic related precipitous fuel price drop took the edge off
the cost.

The mast was unsupported in the middle of the span but also seems to be
undamaged.

The Queenston Lewiston Bridge border crossing went well and I had no
troubles with the import. The boat, trailer and contents are duty free under
NAFTA so I just had to pay applicable taxes. Since I am not a resident of
Pennsylvania, I did not pay PA taxes at closing.

Thanks to the list members that gave me advice.