[Rhodes22-list] Keep well

Mark Whipple mark at whipplefamily.com
Tue Mar 31 17:35:26 EDT 2020

I've kept my 30' Nimble on a mooring in Boston Harbor for many years. The
standard mooring setup around here is 300lb mushroom (or more for bigger
boats), a very heavy bottom chain and a lighter top chain with a swivel
attached to the mooring ball. I use two pennants with spliced steel eyes at
the mooring ball and open eyes to go to the boat. The heavy bottom chain
helps keep the mushroom on its side and doesn't typically move unless
there's a storm. Then you wonder why you're mooring ball is suddenly closer
to your neighbor - especially if that mooring wasn't occupied during the
storm.

Mark Whipple
s/v Tiny Dancer
R22 2000