[Rhodes22-list] Out Haul Car

Art Czerwonky a_czerwonky at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 31 21:35:05 EDT 2020

Maybe this is far-fetched, Charles, but there might be some space between the boom track 'slider' and the boomtop 'channel' to allow positioning a slick surface between the two, acting like a lubricant would. Post a picture of your metal outhaul piece and we could cogitate when convenient.
R,Art

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 9:09 PM, Charles Nieman<blue66corvette at hotmail.com> wrote:   Since I don’t have a CoS, I can’t buy a replacement out haul car from GB (at any price, if I understand all that has been posted).

The attached photo shows a very old car, mostly stainless steel if I’m not mistaken. While this is obviously very durable, the metal seemed to not slid very well in the boom. A few years ago, I made the car at the bottom out of (I think) nylon. This worked very well until last week. As I was bringing in the sail, the bottom portion split off.

While I can bring back the old car for use. And I can fabricate another car like the nylon one. I’m wondering what the current design of out haul car is. Can anyone share what design they have on their boat, please?

Sent from my iPhone

Charles Nieman
S/V Daydream
98 R 22