[Rhodes22-list] Ball-Lock Quick Release Pins

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Mon May 4 21:35:13 EDT 2020

Jeff:
I redid my stays with the straight push types thinking they would make
raising and removing the mast easier. I changed my mind one day as I watch
the pin literally drop off the lee upper stay chain plate. I had my wife
keep us heeled while I fastened the stay. Fortunately we were not in a
narrow channel.

The pin I used didn't have the release button that the pin has that you
referenced but since then I have been suspicious of anything that makes it
easier for the mast to come down.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario