[Rhodes22-list] Launch... and the story of an epic failure

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Mon May 11 20:22:26 EDT 2020

I carry a sealed roll of Flex Tape in my emergency kit.  I also carry a sealed roll when I go on canoeing or kayaking trips or out in the RIB.  I get a new roll every year as this stuff does have an expiration date.  I also carry a few Hypalon inflatable boat patches, (My Walker Bay RIB is made of Hypalon) which I would use to bridge over a bigger hole before sealing it with Flex Tape.  I am prepared to go over the side and repair the hole from outside.  I’ve had to repair a canoe by this method and the repair lasted for 3 more days on the river; but, never my Rhodes 22.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium