[Rhodes22-list] Launch... and the story of an epic failure

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue May 12 08:51:08 EDT 2020

Alexis,
Nice looking boat.  Hope you get her repaired and splashed soon.

I had similar problems with my bunks and ended up replacing all of them.  I also had to have a couple of the metal support pieces re welded.  If you need to go that route, make sure they are welded vertically.  They welded mine on perpendicular to the frame which made them too close together.  This was for the keel guide boards and I could not get the boat loaded as the keel would not slide it.  I ended up replacing the 2X guide boards with 1X which gave me sufficient room.

What type of tires did you put on the trailer?  I hope trailer tires, automobile tires do not have the weight capacity you will need.  Good time to take a look.

I notice you do not have the mast crutch.  How about the mast raising system?  A word from experience, when you raise the mast you'll want to get the aft end of it much higher up in the air before you raise.  Good luck! - rob