[Rhodes22-list] Motor Size

Larry Gioia lgioia at yahoo.com
Tue May 19 22:35:25 EDT 2020

 Oh definitely makes sense - I'm on lakes in both places so no tidal currents.
Thanks!
    On Tuesday, May 19, 2020, 10:23:09 PM EDT, Peter Nyberg <peter at sunnybeeches.com> wrote:

 Larry,

Motor size depends on what kind of sailing you’re doing.  I do coastal sailing where I often have to fight strong tidal currents of up to 3 to 4 knots in places like harbor channels. For these conditions, I think my 8 HP motor is about the minimum that’s up to the task.  If you sail someplace without tides, I think you could get by with less power.

—Peter