[Rhodes22-list] Finally some good news!

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sat May 23 16:31:38 EDT 2020

Hi Mary Lou

When I first saw the drone video clip, I could hardly believe my eyes!  It seemed like a miracle nearly akin to God parting the Red Sea for Moses.  How could a location so close to a catastrophic dam failure come away unscathed?  When the internet came back last night, I was able to determine the approximate location of the Wixom Dam failure point.  When I overlaid that failure point on the topo map and colored in the appropriate contour elevation, it all became clear.  Although it seems miraculous, it’s really just topography and physics.  Nevertheless, if the dam had failed just a little further west; then, the outcome might have been very different.  For that, I’m willing to accept it as my own personal miracle.  It’s pretty awesome what God can do!

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium