[Rhodes22-list] Allowable Attachments to the List

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Sat May 23 21:30:53 EDT 2020

I’m surprised Mike hasn’t piped up on this, but my recollection is that the software that manages the list has been configured to only allow a small number of files types.  The file types are identified by the file name extension (e.g. ‘.jpg’).  Allowable extensions include basically those associated with images (so Roger’s ‘.png’ screen shot came through).  Some years ago the ‘.pdf’ extension was added to the allowable list.

From the group mailing list home page: " You may include certain attachments to your messages. Most image files and plain text files will be accepted as well as PDF files. Other file types will be stripped out of the message before posting. Maximum message size is about 3.5Mb (+/-). That can be one big attachment or several smaller ones."

These restrictions reflect the state of technology at the time the list was created.  My only purpose for this post is to make people aware, so they will be less likely to be surprised by the limitations.

Thank you Mike, for all you do to keep the list running.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016}