[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Askew

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Sat May 30 08:30:19 EDT 2020

Peter,

Just for snicks and grins and because I have no life here in the post flood Sanford Lake wasteland, I tried making the rudder position measurement on S/V Dynamic Equilibrium.  Both of my gudgeons were slightly off the transom centerline determined as described below.  The centerline of the top gudgeon was off the transom centerline by ~2 mm to starboard and the bottom gudgeon was off by ~1 mm to starboard.  This is probably close to the limit of precision of the measurement method itself.  I’ll be interested in hearing what you come up with.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium