[Rhodes22-list] Deploying anchor from cockpit

Rick Lange sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 15:15:24 EST 2020

According to https://www.boaterexam.com/navigationrules/anchoring-tips.aspx

   - Slowly lower the anchor *from the bow*, rather than the stern, to
   avoid capsizing or swamping.

There are no marianettes in the CG, just dedicated public servants keeping
us safe or keeping fools off the water.

If you have an R22, you have invested in a secure and comfortable anchoring
platform--a wide, flat unobstructed bow deck with a bow pulpit you can
easily sit in.  Use it!

Regards,

Rick Lange