[Rhodes22-list] Deploying anchor from cockpit

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon Nov 2 22:03:09 EST 2020

I an on a small inland lake with a 9.9 hp limit. Mostly pontoon and house
boats. Most of the time I overnight, I anchor from the stern, for the
increased breeze into the poptop enclosure. When I anchor from the stern,
I always run the rode outside the rigging to the bow and secure it to the
bow cleat. If the wind picks up, it makes the mast slot whistle and wakes
me up and I go release the rode at the stern cleat and the bow swings into
the wind.
I'm not recommending this, it's just the way I do it on my home lake.

Jerry Lowe

 Hahahah