[Rhodes22-list] Motor Lift

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 4 09:40:51 EST 2020

Hi Ric. The lift always had some side play and years ago I added both
plastic and wood strips in the tracks to try to mitigate that. The round
ears that run in the tracks originally had bushings that deteriorated and
this season the mount popped out of the tracks while I was sailing (I had
to call for a tow to get back to my slip in the marina. Luckily the 6:1
tackle prevented the whole shebang from falling off into the lake!) hence
the new sliders cut to fit without the need for the strips and eliminating
the side play. The aluminum tracks are side mounted to the black strips you
can see in the photos of some sort of composite material, ( I don’t know
exactly what it is — maybe HPDE) and that material is through bolted to the
transom. The 30 year old aluminum tracks are still fine and haven’t warped
or anything so the overall system is solid. With the new, slippery UHMW
sliders the lift works better than ever before.

“Slim”
Fandango