[Rhodes22-list] Sailing into the wind

Ric Stott ric at stottarchitecture.com
Sun Nov 15 10:19:21 EST 2020

I Me?
Dadventure is an ‘84 Continental with the original, vulnerable, but newly rebuilt full swing center board.
My main is 15 years old and the 175 jib is original equipment on a primitive roller furling GB system. It works well if you can keep the furling line from jumping the drum.
We used the boat a lot this summer and I got my wife to come with me if I promised to stop fir dinner at a local restaurant with a dock. Her healing limit is 5 degrees before panic sets in  So - Otherwise I single hand sail when I really want to go sailing. Tacking is sometimes a challenge but that too gets easier with practice and attention to the sails. I want to upgrade the furler and have headsail options, but to be honest, the 175 is a great sail and unless I have to go to weather or the wind is very light, I leave the mainsail in its cover, especially when ms. Don’t heal the boat is onboard.
Ric
Dadventure.
Sent from my iPhone