[Rhodes22-list] CDI Furler

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Fri Nov 20 15:58:47 EST 2020

Wow, that furler drum looks pretty rough! As promised, I'm updating my
original CDI post. With the help of Lee Farinholt at Chesepeake Boat Works
in Deltaville, we got the new furler bearing installed. I decided to
re-install the original furling line. When I unfurled the 175 jenny, once it
starting filling with air, it opened on it's own and i simply tailed the
furling line with light tension. It had never been so easy.  But the real
change came when we returned and i started furling. It was almost reverse of
the unfurl! The drum spun so easy I almost was able to haul the line with
just two fingers.

Before the Rhodes, I had no experience with jib furling or IMF. For three
years, I've been fighting with the jib furler and not knowing any better
just thought that's the way it was. I could not be more pleased with the CDI
furler and thanks to Joel Guarette at CDI for his assistance and quick
response. I went to the factory because there is no CDI dealer in
Deltaville, VA. There are plenty in NY.  A dealer list is on the CDI website
sailcdi.com.
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t752/CDI_Furler_2.jpg>

-----
Joe Dempsey