[Rhodes22-list] 175 vs 130 Genoa

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Nov 23 22:58:57 EST 2020

Hi Tom,
There's still some (very old) info on the Rhodes owners website from
when we were initially talking about the sail.
(http://rhodes22.org/upssail/index.html) I don't think Doyle actually
sells this sail anymore but they or someone might make you one. A search
of the archives for UPS might yield some more a lot posts. It's more of
what they were calling at the time a Code 0 rather than a spinnaker and
could be sailed to somewhere above a beam reach. In addition to the
sail, we needed to add a halyard, a halyard restrainer and a padeye on
the foredeck behind the jib for the minifurler for the UPS to attach to.

The sail was just a tremendous amount of fun to play with. The attached
photos are our old boat flying the UPS on a particularly lovely day when
we sailed south from Rock Hall, MD, came around the point at Eastern
Neck Island and then sailed northeast up the Chester River all with the
UPS and no tacks in a north wind. And then a helicopter came and took
our picture. Just an unbelievably wonderful day.

Mary Lou
ex Rhodes 22
now Rosborough RF-246