[Rhodes22-list] 175% vs 150% vs 130% Genoa?

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Tue Nov 24 12:02:14 EST 2020

Jesse,

Yes, we’ve had a few “HOLY SHIT!” moments, primarily when my sons were learning to helm and trim.  By the time they were teenagers, they both regarded S/V Dynamic Equilibrium as their own personal amusement park ride.  But, only when their mother wasn’t on board!  I always told them it only gets really interesting when the small craft warnings are posted!  When dad put his safety harness on, their eyes would open wide and they’d scramble below to find their harnesses. They both knew firsthand that dad was nuts and there was some fun in store.  I like to wear my harness over my PFD.  When you’re sailing this aggressively, you frequently get tossed into hard “stuff”.  The PFD provides some cushioning.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium

Sent from my iPhone