[Rhodes22-list] Moving On

James Schroll jschroll at msn.com
Wed Nov 25 18:28:09 EST 2020

In spite of really enjoying our Rhodes 22 for the last 5 years and appreciating the many clever design features that Stan has introduced, my wife and I find ourselves considering a lifestyle change which might preclude boat ownership.  Were we to decide to part with it, our first choice would be to see if Stan wanted it back for another refurbishing, but I haven’t gotten any answer to several emails which I have sent.  Do we know if he is okay?  Does anyone have a suggestion for contacting him?

If that doesn’t work out (and, again, assuming that we decide against “just one more year”), how does one go about setting a fair price for a used boat?  A quick internet search turns up about dozen boats from 1983 to 2008 priced (not respectively) from$5,500 to $38,900.  Ours is a 1990, refurbished in early 2016.  It is in good condition (although it could use a wash and polish).  It has a 2016 trailer and a 2016 Yamaha 9.9 outboard.  So, how do I set a price that is fair for both the buyer and me?

I’d welcome any suggestions.

Jim Schroll
Pinafore