[Rhodes22-list] Rhodes 22 Buyer's checklist?

Lee lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Sat Nov 28 12:42:47 EST 2020

Rick:  Thanks for the information on the manual motor lift.  Since I
complained about the electric lift I should add that once I saturated the
belt with WD-40 it worked fine.  If it ever broke there was probably a way
to lift the motor manually but I never had to figure that out.

Michael:  After reading Alex's post I thought I should add another two
cents.  First of all I'm a day sailor so if you plan on cruising, Alex
mentioned a lot of good things to have.  The marine head is one of them.
Since I was rarely out more than four hours all the women on board held it,
the men used a urinal or peed overboard (lucky they didn't go overboard) and
every kid was happy to use the portapotty whether they needed it or not.

I had the single forward cleat which worked okay but you need a thin line if
you are going to put two lines on it to cleat both sides of the boat.

I only used the cockpit cushions when guests were on board.

I only used the bimini when guests were on board and it did get in the way
even if I wasn't hiking out.  I
didn't care too much for sailing with the bimini up but I imagine the
captain's chairs would have made it much better.

...and I forgot to mention a snow shovel.

Boat_in_Snow.jpg
<http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/file/t638/Boat_in_Snow.jpg>

Lee
Waiting on a Boat