[Rhodes22-list] Newbie question 1

Ken Simolo kensimolo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 16:29:23 EDT 2020

For shroud covers, I used the 1/4” PVC tubing used for RO systems and sold
in hardware stores etc.  Our hull has blue bottom paint so I used blue PVC
tubing.  In order to make the installation easy, I made a simple jig - I
took two small pieces of 2 x 4 and screwed their two flat faces together.
Then I  drilled a slightly oversized hole crosswise in the seam where the
 blocks of wood meet.  Loosened the screws and slipped a utility blade
between them near the back edge of the drilled hole with the sharp point
sticking half way down the hole and the sharp edge facing the front.  The
first couple of inches along the length of the hole just serve as an
alignment for the tubing.  Then just start the tubing into the hole and
pull on the split tubing as it comes out.  Harder to describe abd took
longer to write this than to do actually do it.  To install, I just pried
open a split end, pushed it up the shroud a little bit, wrapped in blue
electrical tape to keep the tubing closed, then pushed more on until the
tubing reached the spreaders.  I know I taped the ends but I believe I
taped it every so often as well.  It worled real well and I have received
many comments about how nice it looks.

Ken