[Rhodes22-list] First sail of the season

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 10:54:40 EDT 2020

He Roger,
There is a really nice and spacious public swimming pool at K-State
University.  Also there are several buffalo wallows that fill up in the
rainy season (grin).  Actually there is Millford reservoir (largest in
KANSAS)  that is about 25 sq mi or roughly 13 miles long and 1 to 3 miles
wide about 40 minutes from their house.  The reservoir is nicely twisty and
variable in size and has over 150 miles of shoreline.  There is also Tuttle
Creek Reservoir that is only 10 minutes from the house and is 19 sq. miles
and about 20 miles long by 1 mile wide.  It is pretty much an elongated
rectangle.  All in all not too bad and there is a nice little yacht club at
Millford with docks and is quite reasonable.  At Tuttle Creek there is a
yacht club with a launch ramp and moorings and free unlimited land storage
for about $300 a year. Since he and his wife teach they have summers off
and a couple of long breaks so it will be probably the Sea of Cortez (24hrs
away) and Pacific NW. (Vancouver) 28 hrs. To Ft Lauderdale  (jump off for
Bahamas) is around the same as Mexico. It is only 11 hrs to Green Bay.  All
of these places he has sailed a Rhodes (except for the Great Lakes) and
really enjoys the areas.  Plus, since we are Co-owners these places are
open to us during the time we are not on the big boat or the Greek boat.

Chris Geankoplis
Enosi (mine and his)