[Rhodes22-list] rudder position when leaving the boat in the slip

Chris Geankoplis chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 18 10:48:46 EDT 2020

Hey Jesse,
                 For the last 45 years I have left it up.  I usually
cant it over to port (rudder) and it rest on the tilted motor secured with
a bungie.  There are a few occasions when due to the proximity of a dock or
obstruction directly aft I must leave it down, but almost always it is up.
The forces of wind on the rudder are much less than the forces of the waves
and water acting on the rudder, hence my choice.

Chris G
Enosis