[Rhodes22-list] preparing to install new sail

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:54:28 EDT 2020

Hi Graham, I've tried different approaches:

At the end of last season, I took the entire mast and furler bundle off at
once and laid them on the ground to work on them.

At the end of this season, I disconnected the jib furler from the mast and
took that down to the ground to remove the jib for the winter.  Then I laid
a towel down on the foredeck, disconnected the mast from the bow pulpit and
rested it on the towel towards the front of the foredeck.  At that point I
was able to slide out the mainsail + furler without removing the mast.
After removing the mainsail while working with the furler on the ground, I
slid the furler for the main back into the mast (which was still resting in
the positing where I left it) and then re-attached the base of the mast to
the connector on the bow pulpit.  Then I put the jib furler back on the
boat, attached it to the top of the mast, and strapped it to the main.  I
found this process was easier since you don't have to lift too much at once.

Good luck!

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr