[Rhodes22-list] removing tabernacle

Luis Guzman luis.guzman.ve at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:41:35 EDT 2020

When I was trying to remove a centerboard cap on my first Rhodes, I think it was a 72, I was told that heat works pretty good in softening 5200.  I believe it was an engineer from 3M who told me that. I have to look at he very old emails to see if I can find it.

He told me to heat up the joint with a heat gun, careful not to set the fiberglass on fire, and work a knife in between to separate.

I did not try that as I was afraid I was going to st the boat on fire.

Luis A. Guzmán II

S/V Aquetxali