[Rhodes22-list] Was "Test" Now Reintroduction

Lee lvjkuhn at gmail.com
Fri Oct 30 12:30:46 EDT 2020

Ahoy!  I'm Leland (Lee) Kuhn and have been boatless and off the list for
about six years.

I had a 1986 Rhodes recycled in 2005 (AT EASE) and sailed it out of Kent
Island on the Chesapeake.  When I moved to Wytheville, VA I sold my boat
thinking there was no nearby place to sail.  I recently discovered that
Claytor Lake had an active sailing club with several Rhodes owners.  It's
not in my backyard but it is within driving distance, which I guess
everything is if you have enough time.

In the back of my mind I thought about moving to a sailing community.  I've
been attending the Annapolis Boat Show each year and researching boats that
would fit my needs better than a Rhodes22.  I'm a daysailer and don't need
all the cruising amenities of the Rhodes; don't need anything trailerable;
don't need a furling main; and would like somethiing with a deeper keel.  I
wlll now need a trailerable boat for Claytor lake but that's not the issue.
It's the cockpit and covered cockpit extension (saloon).  I'm spoiled on
it's comfort and convenience.

So i'm working with Stan on getting another recycled Rhodes22.  He hasn't
quoted me a price yet but I'm sure he can put me in a Mercedes at the price
of a Chevy.

Good to be back!

Lee
Boatless for Now