[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Bunk pre-stretching

ROGER PIHLAJA roger_pihlaja at msn.com
Thu Sep 3 11:28:21 EDT 2020

Brian,

If the existing bunk boards fit the hull, but are simply worn out or rotten; then, that implies the bunk supports are properly adjusted.  Assuming the boat is not on the trailer, start attaching the new bunk boards from the middle and work towards each end.  If you doing the job singlehanded; then, you may need a ratchet strap to bend the bunk board to meet the middle support.  If you have a helper; then, have them sit on the board to bend it into place while you attach it.  Once the new bunk boards are in place, staple the new carpeting onto the bunk boards, again starting from the middle and working toward each end.  Be sure to use stainless steel or monel staples to attach the carpeting or you will get rust stains.

Roger Pihlaja
S/V Dynamic Equilibrium