[Rhodes22-list] Converting Electric Winch Motor Lift to a Manual System

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Sat Sep 5 17:22:28 EDT 2020

Peter,

I believe you and I have the same 9.9 Mercury motor weighing 106 lbs.

I just took some bathroom scales out to my boat and weighed myself and then
tried to get a reading while pulling the engine up. If it was anywhere near
being accurate, it seemed to average around 40-45 lbs until the engine
starts to tilt, and then it’s quite a bit more.(couldn’t measure it with the
bathroom scale method)

Is your system also a 9/1 ratio...4 double blocks?

I wonder why the pull is so much more than we expected?

George