[Rhodes22-list] Converting Electric Winch Motor Lift to a Manual System

Gmorganflier gmorgan.flier at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 05:54:13 EDT 2020

Peter,

It seems we have done a similar setup on converting to our manual lift
system. Please post some photos.

I thought of something which may be causing my extra resistance and maybe on
yours also. When my motor is not against either the bottom or top stops,
just somewhere in between, I can take my motor and swing it side to side and
there’s a lot of movement. There was even more when I bought the boat before
i had someone add some shims to get rid of some of the slop.

With our system I wonder where the center of force is on the bottom tube.
Maybe it’s not centered and it’s not pulling the motor up straight in the
channels. Maybe in my case as I start up, it’s cocking the engine at an
angle in the metal channels creating extra resistance? I’ll have to
experiment with this.

George Morgan