[Rhodes22-list] Electric Lift Blues

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Sep 8 16:16:45 EDT 2020

Chris,
I didn't see any photos?? - rob

________________________________
From: Rhodes22-list <rhodes22-list-bounces at rhodes22.org> on behalf of Chris Geankoplis <chrisgeankoplis at gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 8, 2020 3:48 PM
To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org>
Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Electric Lift Blues

So I am re-installing the track for the lift and have had the opportunity
to really focus on the system. My main focus was the hole and crack in the
transom but now.......  So anyway the mount seems to be off kilter, not
bent but just off.  If you look at the following pictures you can see that
the sliding mount is not parallel with the transom.  The difference is
around 3/4" at the bottom and when raised, 5/8.  As a result the guide
wheel is canted so just the right edge is pressed on the transom.  That
must act like a pizza cutter on the thin layup on the transom.    There is
an arch to the transom so the outboard track base should stand off the
transom more than the inboard track base.  The outboard base is 4 1/2" and
the inboard track base is 3 3/8".  Could it be that the outboard track is a
tad too broad?  Does anyone out there have the same measurements as I do?
Is your lift canted like mine?  Any ideas are welcome!