[Rhodes22-list] Electric Lift Blues solved (for now)

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 19:54:13 EDT 2020

Alex, thanks for sharing the project documentation.  Nice job with the
anchor mount in the lazarette.  This fall, I was thinking about making a
mount for my Fortress anchor so it would rest sideways in chocks inside
against the front side of the lazarette.  I would need to add a backing
board to do that.  My anchor tends to find its way to the bottom of the
lazarette with stuff piled on top so I was thinking about mounting in a
place where it wasn't likely to be blocked and I could get to it easily.

This brings up another question to Peter regarding his many anchors :)
Peter, do you trail your boat with the anchors left mounted on the bow
roller as well as the danforth anchor mounted on the stern rail?  Or do you
stow those for towing?  I'm afraid of the anchors becoming deadly flying
objects in the case of an accident, but stowing them so they don't bang
around in the lazarette is another consideration.  As part of my fall
projects, I'm also thinking about making chocks on the floor of the
lazarette for my other anchor to secure it for travel purposes (this is the
Mantus M2 that will rest on a bow roller for normal sailing once I get that
installed).  Just curious about your approach for anchor storage while
towing...

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr