[Rhodes22-list] Survey

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Fri Sep 11 13:27:07 EDT 2020

Rob,

I never thought about running the lock through the black ears. Belts and suspenders?

Currently, the lock connecting the safety chain is run through the safety restraint bracket as called out in the manual (see attached). With tools, one could unbolt the bracket, but then, the chain is run through the stern rail which can also be removed with tools.

Wind Lass is on a mooring making it difficult to remove an 87 lbs. engine and transport it to land. It's a 2005, although it runs perfectly, now that I cleaned and rebuilt the carb. The idle jet was probably clogged as long as I have owned it (2011) since it would not idle without stalling previously. Now, it purrs. Changing gears is a dream. I no longer fight with the throttle-shift interlock and tight quarters maneuvering is simple. I would miss her if stolen. That's what insurance is for, I suppose.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
I’d rather be sailing :~)