[Rhodes22-list] Almost perfect as can be - trailer

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 13:39:48 EDT 2020

Tom, sorry to hear about the bunk issue.  Regarding the retrieval process,
I just winch tight while it's still floating and that has worked for me.
I've only retrieved on two ramps, one is very gradual and another with
medium steepness.  It worked well in both cases.

I noticed the rudder is on in your photo.  Do you leave that on for
trailering?  I've always removed the rudder and stowed it in the v-berth
for towing.  It's not exactly easy to get it back there but it adds to
tongue weight and isn't putting pressure on the stern.  I also help secure
my motor by attaching extra straps that go over the stern rail and to the
aft cleats.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr