[Rhodes22-list] replacing sail

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 17:24:00 EDT 2020

Hi Graham, I assume you have IMF since a traditional mainsail is self
explanatory.

I have IMF and had to remove my mainsail for some patching last year.  I
found it was easiest to remove the mast and move it to the ground where I
could then easily unfurl and unattach the mainsail.  Since the entire
bundle of mast+main+jib is a lot to move around all at once, you can easily
disconnect the jib furler from the main at the top of the mast once it is
already down and on the mast crutch.  Then you can lift them down
separately if you find that to be easier.

Good luck!

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr