[Rhodes22-list] JIB Furling Line

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Fri Sep 25 16:08:33 EDT 2020

Joe,

I pulled my jib furling line off the boat a few days ago and measured it in preparation for ordering a new one in the spring.  Mine was 28’ long.  That’s for a CDI furler.

This is 1/4” line put on by GBI as part of the 2016 recycle.  I’ve always had a hard time getting enough line onto the spool to allow the genoa to unfurl completely.  I thought that when I went from a 175% genoa to a 135%, the situation would improve, but for some reason it hasn’t.  I only recently noticed that the CDI manual actually calls for smaller diameter line, so that’s the way I’ll be going when I order a replacement.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT
s/v Silverheels (1988/2016)