[Rhodes22-list] Fwd: That'll do pig.... That'll do... Octopian keel guide bunk repair.

Tom Van Heule tom.vanheule at intrinsicprograms.com
Fri Sep 25 18:43:32 EDT 2020

Hi, 5th try, what's the attachment limit here? Lol

Previously we had retrieved her with the trailer too deep and tried to
bring her out with the keel shoulder on the port guide bunk.
We busted the bunk and the aft bunk mounting tab/post.

I ground the damage off, throwing sparks away from the hull. We cut a piece
of stock and welded her in.  As it's only... A guide piece, not holding any
weight. We chose to cold galvanize the repair.
Apologies for the piss poor sentence structure there.
A new board, old carpet, and 50 staples later.... Gonna have to excuse my
amateur welding skill. It works tho!!

Best,
Tom