[Rhodes22-list] Newbie questions

Frank Goldsmith goldsmith.cf at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 12:24:44 EDT 2020

Hi, Matt,

Let me add my welcome as a fellow North Carolinian (living in the Asheville area).  I sail on Lake Keowee, SC.  I think the archival advice on how to tack a Rhodes with the large headsail is exactly right.  I just let it backfill to help bring the bow around before pulling in the leeward jib sheet.  I do have the PVC-type shroud/turnbuckle roller tubes; I forgot to put them on the last time I raised the mast, but it works o.k. without them.  (I don’t have lifelines on my boat.)  Next time I take down the mast I’ll probably put them back on.

Frank

Frank Goldsmith
Fairview, NC
S/V “Mary Bess”