[Rhodes22-list] Cleaning the hull

cjlowe at sssnet.com cjlowe at sssnet.com
Mon Sep 28 22:16:15 EDT 2020

I've used the penetrol method for about 15 years. There is a reason this
method is so easy. When I first tried it, it worked pretty good. Shined
her up and lasted about three years. Then about two years for the next
three applications. It's been every year for the last five years the shine
start to chip off about August , this year. I hope to paint her next
spring.
My take is, try buffing,polyglow and waxing first. Once you start down the
penetrol road, there is no easy way out except to paint.
 I should mention, my boat is white, so I don't know how well it will work
on a colored hull. If you decide to go this route, scrub the hull with
soft scrub first. I used a soft brush on a cheap buffer/scrubber. Any
dirt, bugs and stains will become part of the hull. I used a micro fiber
cloth to apply the penetrol. Put it on as thick as you can, without
running.

Jerry Lowe S/V Country Rhodes '86