[Rhodes22-list] Cleaning the hull

Michael Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Tue Sep 29 00:26:07 EDT 2020

Frank,I posted my results using elbow grease and some compounding. Check out Restoring gelcoathttp://rhodes22.org/pipermail/rhodes22-list/2020-July/085213.htmlMike

s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY
-------- Original message --------From: Frank Goldsmith <goldsmith.cf at gmail.com> Date: 9/28/20  9:27 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: The Rhodes 22 Email List <rhodes22-list at rhodes22.org> Subject: [Rhodes22-list] Cleaning the hull Listmates, do you have any tips on how to restore the shine to a faded  hull?  My once-beautiful blue hull with the red trim around the waterline is now pretty dull, and I want to have it again look as a Rhodes should look.  A fellow at our sailing club suggested that I apply Penetrol, which apparently is a paint additive — has anyone tried that?  Thanks,FrankFrank GoldsmithS/V “Mary Bess”Lake Keowee, SC