[Rhodes22-list] Mast raising

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Apr 13 23:15:57 EDT 2021

Robert:
My wife and I have raised and lowered the mast according to Stan's
instructions for about 25 years and neither of us is particularly strong. I
stand on the foredeck and begin the lift manually and my wife is able to
haul the mast up with the mainsheet on her own. I just stabilize the mast on
the way up. You must be doing something wrong.

What do you mean when you say "it was pushed so far over the bow that it
stated to see saw". I don't understand what you are experiencing.

My mast balances on the bow pulpit. I straddle and sit on the mast while I
inset the pin through the mast sep and mast after which is stays in place
while I rig the boom and set the shrouds etc.

Graham Stewart
Agile, Rodes 22, 1976
Kingston Ontario