[Rhodes22-list] Mast raising

Mitch Mitchell mitchpadl at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 08:24:10 EDT 2021

Robert, I believe that if you do not have the mast raising system the only
way to raise the mast is from the bow. Stan told me that the "IMF mast can
be raised manually by one man" he then added that he has "yet to meet that
man". We do not have the mast raising system but have the standard mast and
it is still a pain to lift. Once we get the mast extended over the bow to
where it's about to seesaw my wife goes into the truck bed and we extend
the mast all the way to where the mast base can be connected. Then my wife
lifts the top of the mast up and sets it on the top of a step ladder to get
it as high as possible. I then lift from the bow pulpit and walk it up.
It's not pretty but getting the mast up as high as possible first it makes
lifting from the boat much easier. Last time I actually had someone
standing on the top of the truck cab who held the mast up from there which
made the lifting from the bow deck pretty easy. Hope that helps.