[Rhodes22-list] Swing Keel Problem

Steven Alm stevenalm at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 13:45:03 EDT 2021

Got Fandango up on the travel lift and indeed found quite a clog of zebra
mussels. We went after it with a pressure washer and got most of them off
in just a few minutes. The board moves freely now. They don't attach to the
anti-fouling paint at all but the inside walls of the trunk are not painted
or likewise much of the board itself. Most of the zebra mussels were up in
the trunk. I've only painted as much of the board as is exposed when I jack
the boat up off its trailer bunks a foot or so. I could pull the board out
and give it a full paint job but I don't know how I'd scrape and sand the
inside of the trunk, and the paint would wear off quickly anyway with the
board going up and down — so looks like this is something I'll just have to
deal with periodically as long as I'm in mussel infested waters! But I got
some nice pics of the diamond board.
Slim
Fandango