[Rhodes22-list] Gas tank retaining strip attached to the cockpit sole?

mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com mm.bizlist1 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 18:16:21 EST 2021

Happy New Year fellow Rhodies!

I have found that my gas tank has a tendency to slide out from under the
seat when I'm heeling hard to starboard.  I want to install a retaining
strip on the cockpit sole to prevent that.

I am aware of the more sophisticated solutions that have been documented
previously in the forum for installing a metal retaining rod under the
seats--I had actually planned on doing that.  However, I subsequently found
that the 30qt Weathertight Totes from the Container Store (Item # 10050818)
don't slip out even when at maximum heal.  So I'd rather just install a
simple retaining strip for the gas tank.

My plan is to first drill larger holes than needed, fill those with
thickened epoxy, and then drill through the epoxy to attaching the retaining
strip.  Does this sound reasonable?

Thanks,

Mike McKay
s/v Liber (2006/2018)