[Rhodes22-list] Harbor Freight connectors - caution

JeffSmith jeffsmithphoto at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 07:30:06 EST 2021

ANCOR products sold by WM are the gold standard. Their RG 8 coaxial cable
sold also by WM is slightly larger in diameter than most and so the standard
size Pl 259, such as the Shakespeare marine center pin gold connector (also
sold by WM) does not fit. I bought ANCOR screw on connectors but have  not
installed due to the Nor' Easter. I also tried sanding down a spare piece of
cable with 220 grit on a random orbital sander, which worked well for
standard connectors.

-----
Jeff Smith
2009 R22 #101 RADIANT