[Rhodes22-list] Tiller Pilot Recommendations

Peter Nyberg peter at sunnybeeches.com
Thu Feb 18 17:29:51 EST 2021

I have the Raymarine ST1000.  Actually, I depend on it so heavily, that I have two.  I have had one stop working.  I sent it back to Raymarine and they fixed it a no cost.

Attached is a document created by Bill Wickman about his installation of the ST1000.  I followed this pretty closely.  However, at the point where the tiller pilot attaches to the cockpit combing, he said he found the fiberglass to be thick, and needed no reinforcement.  I found the fiberglass to be quite thin at the point, and epoxied in a block of 3/4” thick hardwood.

I have no experience with the Simrad.

Good luck with your project.

Peter Nyberg
Coventry, CT