[Rhodes22-list] Burgee for Rhodes 22 Fleet

Joe Dempsey joedempsey at hughes.net
Thu Feb 18 19:06:26 EST 2021

The voting for an R22 burgee design resulted in a somewhat mixed result
because we voted for more than one option. There were 27 voters, accounting
for 47 votes spread over the 4 choices. It doesn't take a Georgia poll
counter to figure out that there needs to be a recount! In this case, a
"run-off".

The raw count leaders are #1 and #3. Those two were of the same design just
different colors, with #1 having the most votes.

#4 was a modification of #2 that was added with a different color font that
garnered a surge of votes

So just to make this more tedious...let's run off between #1 and #2 and
while we're at it, vote for your preferred Font and color combination. The
choices are Times Roman (as used on the metal nameplate on each Rhodes) or
Arial Bold (as used on the Mainsail of factory Rhodes 22's). Color choices
are Red on White, White on Red, White on Blue, Blue on White

Please just vote for #1  OR  #2 !!!

For Example: #1 Arial , Red on White (as shown in picture)
or
#2 Roman, White on Blue (as shown)

I hope this is not too complicated, but this is the best I could do to try
to come up with a burgee that The List would be proud of.

Once we've settled on the design and color, I'll try to set up an
arrangement for each member to order individually, but most likely we won't
be able to take advantage of a quantity discount, plus shipping could be
much higher. The company I've used before charged around $35 plus $11.00
shipping.

Looking forward to hearing back from The List!

-----
Joe Dempsey
s/v Respite
Rhodes 22 1989/2005