[Rhodes22-list] Public Service Announcement - Security and personal info on 'da list'

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Sat Feb 27 11:46:38 EST 2021

Tom,

I have been looking into SSL. It appears that the free certificates (self-certify) may not provide any real security. I would appreciate further education.

Since everything on the email list is indexed by Google, I do not understand what additional security SSL brings other than to authenticate the source of the webpages themselves. I was merely cautioning list members not to place personal info in emails that are bound for the list.

The Google maps are not run by our rhodes22.org website. I do not understand your reluctance to add your name to the map.

Mike
s/v Wind Lass ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY