[Rhodes22-list] Lake Superior Cruise Weather Planning

Jesse Shumaker jesse.laten.shumaker at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 21:57:56 EST 2021

Hi Roger, thanks for the historical weather trend details.  You make a good
point that the unusual cold this winter will probably result in a cooler
than normal summer since the water takes awhile to warm.  This year we will
be better prepared than last year, with foul weather gear and layers to
deal with whatever Lake Superior delivers.  I noticed that from the last
chart that the average wind speed is pretty low over the summer.  On our
trip last June we had some pretty strong sustained winds on several days
which made for exciting sailing.  I went back again in August with a friend
and we had much milder conditions on that trip.  I'll report back with a
recap after the trip this summer and let you know where we end up going.  I
look forward to hearing about your upcoming adventure as well.

Jesse Shumaker
S/V Zephyr