[Rhodes22-list] Installing a bulkhead compass

Ken Simolo kensimolo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 12:52:08 EST 2021

Here is how I did a mount in the hatch.  An aluminum bracket is clamped to
the opening and is hinged to swing out of the way.  Nothing but plastic
touches the wood.  I slightly bent the hinge pin so that when it is
installed, there is enough resistance that the display stays where I put it
but still easily moves out of the way when we go in and out of the cabin.

It was meant as a temporary solution until we decided where we wanted to
mount it but I actually like it as is.

Ken Simolo