[Rhodes22-list] Portlight re-sealing

Larry Gioia lgioia at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 13 22:52:33 EST 2021

Hi,  I think a few of the portlights on my '86 R22 are leaking.  Image that after only 34 years in the Florida sun.  I searched the listserv and saw emails from 2008 suggesting to use BoatLife Sealant and to clean with acetone beforehand to remove wax.   I was hoping Peter would have a video about it, as his videos are always great, but didn't see one - his remanufactured Rhodes probably hasn't needed it yet.    Any suggestions other than that?  I'm guessing they're a bit tricky to remove.   I see screwheads on the exterior but nothing on the interior, unless the interior ring pops off.   The BoatLife website https://www.boatlife.com/product-category/boat-caulk-and-sealants/   shows a bunch of different products - lifeseal sealants, life-calk sealants, life-calk 2-part sealant, liquid life-calk sealant, liquid lifeseal sealant, marine silicone rubber sealant  (I assume LifeSeal Sealant), available in tubes and cartridges (probably either).     Thanks!  Larry--'86 R22 [still unnamed]  Keystone Lake, FL'14 R22 Language Of Love, Lake George, NY