[Rhodes22-list] Motor lift

Reuben Mezrich reuben.mezrich at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 11:18:16 EST 2021

As some of you know I'm a new owner of a rebuilt Rhodes 22 that I've had
for about 3 weeks. As I crawl about the boat admiring all the things Stan
invented over the years I keep coming across things that i either don't
understand or that I'd like to enhance...as a result you can expect lots of
questions, hopeful not all of them stupid or repeats of prior discussion (I
do try to take advantage of the archives of this wonderful mail list).
Today's questions are about the motor lift.
First, how do I go about getting a spare remote fob...I have this fear of
one day watching the remote fob decide to go for a swim. Of course this
will happen with the motor raised, the wind calm and me miles from home.
Second, is there an easy way to hard wire a up/down switch to use in case
the remote fails or disappears
Third, I understand that there is a clutch on the motor, enabled by a knob
on one end of the motor...has anyone tried that...does it actually work so
that the outboard can be lowered?

Thanks in advance
--Reuben
by the way, I"ve named the boat "Priority", cause it is

Reuben Mezrich
Pelican Cove in Sarasota
Cell: 410-499-8922